PEI Farm Team was created to help Island farmers fill seasonal labour needs by connecting farmers in need or workers with students in need of summer jobs.
Here’s how it works:
1. Send in your Employer Application to SkillsPEI.
2. Hire one or more students – let them know about the Student Work Bonus you can offer upon completion!
3. High school students (including grade 12 grads) need to work at least 250 hours, and post-secondary students at least 500 hours, to qualify for the Bonus.
4. Upon completing the work term and the minimum required hours, employers pay students returning to high school a $1000 completion bonus, and $2000 to students who will be starting or continuing post-secondary education in the fall.
5. The PEI Government through SkillsPEI reimburses employers for 75% of the completion bonuses paid out to eligible student workers.
If you would like help finding student workers, please contact us! We can help promote your opportunities to students and/or connect you with students who have told us they’re interested in working on a farm.
Farmers interested in taking advantage of this program must complete the Employer Application Form and return it to Skills PEI.
© Team Farm 2020. All Rights Reserved.